Dental Cleanings and Examinations
Routine cleanings and examinations are indispensable for good dental health. They allow your dentist to keep track of any causes for concern, and prevent avoidable problems from impacting your dental health. Depending on the outcome of your routine examination, the specialists at EastSide Smiles may recommend one or more of several preventative treatments that will protect your precious smile!
- Athletic Mouthguards: Crucial for patients who participate in sports and other rugged activities, athletic mouthguards measurably reduce the risk of a tooth becoming damaged or dislodged as the result of a mishap.
- Night Guards: Patients who unconsciously grind their teeth at night are doing totally preventable damage to their smiles. Our night guards will prevent tooth damage and gum recession.
- Fluoride Treatments: Regular applications of safe amounts of fluoride support tooth enamel and help to prevent the onset of cavities. One of several forms of this treatment may be administered after any routine tooth cleaning.
- Sealants: A protective coating that is brushed over the chewing surface of the teeth, sealant effectively prevents debris from becoming trapped in grooves where it can cause gradual decay.
- Halitosis Treatment: Bad breath can impact your confidence, but the condition is far from unmanageable. During your visit, our team can painlessly assess the cause of bad breath and provide an effective treatment for it.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: We perform invaluable oral cancer screenings with every exam. They are extremely effective at detecting oral cancer or signs that the disease may occur in the future, giving our patients a great advantage in treatment.
- Sleep Apnea Therapy: Sleep apnea can cause great discomfort and worse. We issue a custom appliance to those suffering from the condition to keep their airways open while they sleep, greatly benefiting their health.
- TMD Therapy: The condition also known as TMJ stems from an inflammation of the joint of the jaw bone. We consider each of our patients’ cases on an individual basis to provide the most effective treatment for TMD possible.
The cost of each preventative treatment available from EastSide Smiles varies on a case by case basis. We are more than happy to discuss matters of cost before you commit to any single treatment. It is true that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” however: By nature, a preventative treatment is less expensive and painful than the condition it is designed to avert.